Wednesday, January 25, 2012

When a College Visit doesn't go as Planned...

I recently visited some colleges pretty far away from home. And now I am going to tell you about my experience. Up until now there have only been two colleges I have said absolutely no to. Well let me tell you the third one.
This college is pretty far away but I was accepted and I wanted so badly to like it. In fact before even visiting I LOVED it. I was so sure that was where I wanted to go. Where I belonged. However it was not focused on the right things. Everyday you get 'free' ice cream. The buildings were amazing, as if they belonged in D.C. There were many fountains situated everywhere which apparently represented wealth or something. Which, yes you need a LOT of money to go to college but I wouldn't do the fountain thing. During the tour, the guide talked about Facebook pictures that had been taken in various places and might have said one or two sentences that focused on education. Bottom Line: It was a school for kids of very rich parents who just wanted their kids taken care of. The whole place was like a country club. Just like where my grandparents live in Florida.


On your birthday they give you a gift card and balloons. When you are sick they bring you soup. The whole school is tailored to parents who just want their children taken care of 24/7. They even do your laundry. yes, your laundry. At some point in life you have to learn to do your own freaking laundry and college is the perfect time if you haven't already learned! Anywhoo, I left very disappointed. And I am still disappointed and sad that it didn't live up to my expectations. But the perfect college will find you.
*Read my Next Post! It talks about finding the perfect college and how you know.*

No comments:

Post a Comment