Friday, June 27, 2014

End of Spring Semester 2014

 Fall 2014 semester will have SO much to post about!! I'll be sharing WAY more workout tips, health product reviews (realistic ones), what it's like to be a resident advisor, etc.
As I did in the Fall, I followed the tips outlined in this blog post about getting good grades: http://myjourneyuniversity.blogspot.com/2013/07/how-to-get-good-grades.html

AND.... my grades improved even more!! My Spring semester GPA was 3.6!! Not much happened over Spring semester. I met some new people, I declared as a Creative Writing major (and now changed it to be a Communications major). That way I can do PR on political campaigns, work for a television news channel, radio channel and so much more! I am still on the Elementary Education certification track (so no changes).. and I'm LOVING it! I can NOT wait until I get my own classroom filled with young minds!

I am applying to go to London next May (Mayterm). Most schools require a Mayterm, Maymester, Janterm, etc. It's a month where students do intense learning out of the traditional classroom setting. The London Mayterm would be for Education. 30 people are applying and only 10 get in, so wish me luck! I already have 35 hours of volunteer time in the classroom (I need 40 to go to London). I've taken the Praxis I (all math, blech), I have to pass, and I still have to take and pass the VCLA. Once that is done, I get my last 5 hours of volunteering in the classroom time done, I am free to finish my application for London!

I am going to be an RA next year on the floor that I lived on this past year (the Scholars' Floor). I will be there for 24 people! It's like sort of a classroom for older people! My advice if you are going to be an RA is to get as much done over the summer as you can. I've started name tags, my RA folder, Hall Program ideas, etc. Less stress once you get back to school. Just need to put the plan into action! The process to become an RA was pretty basic. I filled out a paper application, mailed it to the Res Life office, had a sit down- one on one interview, and then a group interview. About a week later I got the email saying I was chosen!

My Mother flew down to my school and we drove home. My betta fish survived (he spent the journey in my tervis tumbler, secure in a cup holder).

I will post more once the school year gets closer! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment